Clock Tower in Izmir
The Clock Tower, which enhances Konak Square like a pearl with its extreme graceful appearance, is a monument of art as it faces the sea. The tower was built in 1901 by the Grand Vizier Küçük Sait Pasha by order of Sultan Abdülhamit. The clock was a present of the German Emperor, Wilhelm Il. The water of the fountains and ponds around the Clock Tower, which is the symbol of the city, flows down marble troughs.